- 1 1/2 cups Sparkling Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Apple wedges
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine sparkling cider, soy sauce, honey, chili sauce and garlic in small saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray or brush with oil. Place wings on sheet and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer and roast 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then peel wings off of foil. Transfer wings to a bowl and toss with sauce.
Line another pan with foil. Transfer wings to pan and roast 5-7 minutes longer or until nicely browned. Remove from pan, sprinkle with cilantro (optional).