If you are looking for a great gluten-free biscuit recipe, you found it.
Follow the easy directions below and fall in love with biscuits again!
Best Ever Gluten Free Biscuits
3 1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks cold butter, sliced into pats
4 large eggs
2/3 cup cold low fat buttermilk milk
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Grease two baking sheets (or line with parchment)
3. Whisk together the first five ingredients until well combined
4. Work in the cold butter quickly (butter must remain cold). Mixture should be crumbly with some pea-sized or just slightly larger pieces of butter.
5. Whisk together the eggs and milk until frothy
6. Add to dry ingredients just until cohesive dough is formed (dough will be sticky)
7. Generously sprinkle rolling surface with gluten free flour and lay dough on top
8. Generously flour rolling pin and roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick
9. Gently fold dough into thirds lengthwise (like a letter folded to place in an envelope), then fold in half widthwise
10. Roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick and repeat fold
11. Roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick a third time
12. Use a sharp knife or biscuit cutter to cut biscuits (must be sharp so biscuit layers are not compressed)and place on prepared sheets 2 inches apart
13. Lightly brush buttermilk atop each biscuit
14. Place baking sheets flat in freezer for 20 minutes (this allows butter to further solidify, helping to ensure flaky biscuits)
15. Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. allow to rest five minutes before serving.
Kelli B 💻
One Comment Add yours